Thursday, January 29, 2009

Snowed In!!!

This is my second day off from work because Franklin County is at a level 2!!! I am so surprised and I am totally loving it. I love when I get to get paid while I am at home :-)

We are trying to stay warm, while it is FREEZING outside. Josh and I went out yesterday to shovel and we were out there for about an hour, but got alot done. We were amazed by the large ice chucks that were laying across the ground and on top of the cars.

Little Marissa has been sick :-( Saturday night on our way back from dinner she was really fussy in the car but feel asleep. When we got home and took her out of her car seat and it looked like someone dumped water all down the back of her. We figured that she had a fever and it broke; while we were at dinner I remember mentioning to Josh that she felt warm. Well Sunday she was her normal self and around 6:00 she started the same cry that she did in the car on Saturday and we took her temp and it was really high. We hurried and put her in the tub and gave her some meds. She woke up early Monday morning still with a fever so Josh stayed home with her and took her to see the doctor. She had an infection in her throat which was causing the fever and she has mucus in her lungs. The doctor said that she probably had RSV and that turned into brocolitis. So she has been at home ever since. Thank goodness for my mom, she came out and stayed with her Tuesday and than Wednesday the weather was so bad that Marissa had all 3 of us here.

So now the fever is gone but she is still congested and you can hear her wheezing when you hold her. Hopefully she gets back to 100% soon. But in the mean time, we will continue snuggling and enjoying the time that I am at home!

3 comments:

  1. I agree ... I am totally loving the Level 2 status! All that I kept saying last night was "I love my job!" The only bad thing is that now I am getting greedy and am already wishing for another snow day tomorrow! I don't think that it will happen, but we can always hope!

    We hope that Marissa feels better really soon. It is no fun being sick ... but at least you are home with her :) We will keep her in our prayers. I bet that even sick she is still all smiley :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's terrible. Give her kisses for us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nothing can make a sick baby better than having a grandma there to hold and spoil them. Glad she is doing better!!!

    ReplyDelete